Friday, December 5, 2014

Thoughts On: Terminator: Genisys Trailer

           A Terminator reboot isn't something Ive ever been against, especially after I heard Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke were going to be in it. Then I heard Jai Courtney and Arnold were too... My hopes weren't dashed but then those Entertainment Weekly promo photos came out. And now, my thoughts on the new Terminator: Genisys trailer...

The Main Plot Twist Was Revealed:
Im not saying the whole "Sarah Connor knowing Kyle was coming back" twist was a great idea (because it  probably isn't). But considering everyone expected this to be a reboot, why reveal this in the trailer? Why not just surprise me with it in the theaters...(and Jai Courtney is all wrong as Kyle Reese)

Oh 90's graphics, right where I left you...
The T1000:
I get the liquid metal terminator is a part of the canon, but I wouldn't have included another one of those for this movie. I don't think the look of the T1000 is one that can necessarily be improved upon. (Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese is just wrong...).

John Connors Face:

I get that John needs to have those scars (a T2 tradition), but But Jason Clarke went all Spaghetti Monster on me, no wonder Rust and Marty couldn't find him...

Arnold is Back...Again:
How many times can you be back for this franchise before your just sort of here already? I hope he doesn't just kill his younger self with (what looks like) a shotgun, because they spent a whole damn movie trying to do that with no effect.

           I really thought Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke would help quell any shortcomings this movie might have, but its not looking good. I won't even comment on what will probably the over reliance on CGI. I miss the days when Arnold would skin himself and reveal an actual Terminator forearm flexing before me....





No comments:

Post a Comment