Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Thoughts On: Best Random Screen Moments 2014

2014 brought us some moments we won't soon forget, and others we wish we could (like that episode on The Walking Dead Season 5 where Maggie and Glen's group waste an hour of our lives). I'd usually be against comparing TV and big screen moments but some one has to do it. In no particular order, some of the best random screen moments of 2014...
Every king was invited to this wedding...

Game of Thrones, King Joffrey's Death:
A screen shot from the directors' cut...
I don't read the books, so I didn't see this one coming. I figured Sigur Ros being at the wedding reception had to mean something since Coldplay's Will Champion was at the other one. I'll just say it, this moment was great because it killed a main character we wanted dead a long time ago. Although, this event set up the most slow burning trial ever, even The
Walking Dead gets stuff done faster then that...

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes dialogue:
That moment when you realized that you hadn't read this many subtitles since Apocalypto...

The Leftovers, Norah's Scream:
We knew Norah was going to have that family reunion some episode's back. Even though I imagined that moment many times prior to the season finale, I never imagined that it would play out as well as it did. All props to Carrie Coon, and that awesome music by Max Richter. I'll have that ringing sound in my head through 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment