Monday, December 22, 2014

Thoughts On: The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies...Part 1

           I loved the original trilogy, but these Hobbit movies have felt sub par. I realize the Hobbit is a children's book, which is why I (sorta) gave that dish singing scene in the first movie a pass. Then there's those barrels...Lets just say there were so many glorious moments in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies that I could write Five posts...heres one...

The original actor cast as Bard the Bowman...
Smaug's Reign of Fire:
It's a good thing Bard took care of that dragon. But if he hadn't Matthew Mcconaughey had been there, done that... I know The Hobbit book came out first but in all honesty, that opening scene where Smaug destroys the city is straight out of 2002's Reign of Fire.

Day Light Savings:

The Battle at Helms Deep, two days, Minas Tirith, also two days, The Elf King Thranduil says they will attack at dawn, and it stays dawn the entire movie, the Lonely Mountain must be up in Alaska...


You get the idea...
Alfrid Gets it Done:
1. Alfrid takes night watch...Army of elves show up
2. Alfrid watches out for Bilbo...loses him
3. Alfrid watches over Bard's family...cross dresses to avoid fighting.
Alfrid had one job to do in this movie, add minutes, because he didn't add much else.
     
I love an adventure in Middle Earth as much as anyone, but I'm sure glad this one is over. I'll bet the orcs are too, all the LOTR movies combined seriously amount to genocide... Expect a part 2 soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment