Monday, February 23, 2015

6 Thoughts On: The Oscars...The Awkwardness Never Ended...

           I've never felt so awkward watching an Oscars. It was full of racial tension, cheap jokes that, I'll admit, I didn't completely understand, and stormtroopers. I feel like every year I forget how long the Oscars are too. Though this one seemed to last forever, it wasn't without its notable moments...here they are...
I didn't even need to photoshop this, it was great by itself...

John Travolta Has Probably Been Slapped With a Restraining Order: 
What in the world was Travolta thinking?...he got something that few people ever do...a chance to redeem an absolute embarrassment. The "Adele Dazeem" incident was on the verge of forgiveness. Instead, he managed to single handedly make us forget about that by doing something even worse...literally breaking the bubble space of poor
Idina Menzel...(and he kissed Scarlett Johansson on the red carpet too but who's counting...).

Boyhood Really Lost Out:
Aside from Patricia Arquette Boyhood missed out on Best Picture and Best Director...

Neil Patrick Harris Should Never Host Again:
He wasn't funny, and that briefcase gag only proves that the Oscars are totally rigged...

The Presenters: 
I get that you need someone to come out and present each Oscar, but you could have saved some time by having Neil do some of that, what else do you pay him for? Did it really look like Sean Penn wanted to be there presetting anything? Speaking of which...

Sean Penn's Green Card Statement:
Originally Penn had planned to perform a mock arrest... 
I get he was trying to be funny, but in a night filled with Travolta and Harris, did we really need anyone to make a joke about Innaritu's immigration status the moment before he wins his Oscar? Seeing as how no one before him had questioned the immigration status of Lupita Nyong'o, Eddie Redmayne, Benedict Cumberbatch, Kiera Knightley, David Oyelowo, or Marion Cotillard...it was a comment he could have kept to himself...

Oh Yeah, The Rest Of The Awards...:
Well, I didn't see Birdman winning best picture. To be honest, everything else made me forget that I was here to celebrate movies...

           In the end...this Oscar ceremony was full of Chris Pine's tears, awkwardness over Selma's lack of nominations, and did I already mention Travolta? I'll be back next year no doubt, hopefully for a two hour ceremony that demands less of its audience and more of its host...



No comments:

Post a Comment