Thursday, January 8, 2015

3 Thoughts On: Ant-Man Trailer

Ant- Man trailer Paul Rudd Honey I Shrunk the Kid
You get the idea...
           Now...a grateful exercise in free speech on the new Ant-Man trailer. Let me start by saying that I have no background information on this Marvel character, I've never read the comics, and will be treating this trailer like any other... That said, here are my thoughts...

Bad Guy Does Good:
Can't say I've never seen this one before. Guy with bad yet...redeemable skills, is used for good. I'm talking to you cast of The Dirty Dozen, Sean Connery from The Rock, Chris Hemsworth from
Blackhat, and entire cast of Oceans's 11, 12, and 13.

The Name:
Everyone has to admit that the name for this movie and it's hero is...well it could be better. Granted this name has to go back as far as the comic does, so we're stuck with it. Credit to Marvel for breakage the ice by having Paul Rudd, the Ant-Man himself, questioning the name right off the bat...

Flying Bugs:
Riding on bugs is something that Ant-Man must have done a lot of in the comics. Why else would a movie risk itself by having its hero do something that ridiculous...

           The big question here is...can Paul Rudd carry this role? I have no idea. On a scale of Iron Man on one side (the best side) and whatever Jeremy Renner's character's name is on the other... I give Rudd a Mark Ruffalo.



No comments:

Post a Comment