Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Leftovers Season 2 Premiere...I'm Already Confused

           Just when I think I've figured out the meaning of life, The Leftovers shows up to confuse me again. After a depressing (in a good way) and intriguing first season, The Leftovers is back to show us more of a world recovering from the disappearance of 2 million people. The show didn't exactly start off to a familiar tune, here are my thoughts on the premiere of season 2...

The Intro Theme...:

...has been replaced. Which sucks because I actually liked the original one. I wasn't thrilled with the song either. Thats really all I have to say about it...

The Dawn Of Man:

I definitely didn't expect the show to start this way. When that woman first got up from her campfire, I thought we'd witness an ancient
departure. While that didn't happen, the parallels between the woman's baby and Norah finding Holy Wayne's baby were obvious. Does that eagle mean something important? 

Welcome to Miracle, Meet The Murphy's:

After a strange and ancient intro, the premiere spent a lot of time introducing us to the Murphy's. They would have won family of the year too if it hadn't been for their dad... who happens to be a crazy house burning (that was some Fahrenheit 451 stuff right there), cricket hunting, lunatic. In fact he defiantly reminds me of Hawkins from Jericho (remember that show?). If there's one thing the premiere made certain is that John Murphy will be our villain of the season. His intense suspicion, and the totally awkward scene's with the Garvey's remind one of that X-Files episode 'Arcadia.' Remember that one? Where Mulder and Scully go undercover to investigate mysterious stuff in a seemingly good neighborhood (which has a lot to hide).

The Earthquake:

John Murphy definitely didn't sleep through that one. After experiencing an earthquake and finding that his daughter and her friends are missing, John and his son find only a locked car with belongings inside. I'm calling it...we just had a small scale departure. which is awesome, because it keeps the show's unpredictability factor high. 

         
         
What did you think of the premiere? Did it confuse the hell out of you enough to keep watching? It was enough to hook me...



No comments:

Post a Comment