Saturday, May 2, 2015

4 Thoughts On: The Avengers: Age of Ultron...(Spoilers)...

          Let me be clear I don't read the comics, so I have no concept of how closely the movie followed the source material. That said, I was entertained by this metal crushing, earth threatening movie, but not impressed. Here are the first of many random thoughts on The Avengers: Age of Ultron...

1. The Terminator
The A.I. premise has been done many times...nothing wrong with that. I understand the Ultron comics predate The Terminator, (and The Terminator ripped off of Harlan Ellison's work), so no one can accuse the premise of being unoriginal... but...I'm not gona lie, the delivery of this movie felt a lot like Terminator (The fact that Terminator:Genysis is almost here and has a similar color palette doesn't help)...anyways. To
understand some of the similarities, re-watch that scene where...
A) Stark and Banner first discusses A.I., then...
B) replace Ultron's name with Sky-Net, then...
C) watch Sarah Connor's dream in T2 (nuclear), the ending to Terminator 3 (nuclear), then...
D) watch Wanda see into Ultron's mind (nuclear), then...
E) listen to Don Cheadle theorize how Ultron could destroy the world (nuclear-ly)...
I'm just saying...it felt similar. The Matrix (which admittedly is also a comic) has essentially the same plot as everything above, but it never crossed my mind while watching the movie...


2. Wanda Maximoff's Accent:
...it wasn't that good, even the guy from FPS Russia has a better accent than that...

3. Who Put that Ocean There?
So after they blew up that landmass, where'd that ocean come from?...kind of convenient, just saying...

4. The Hurt Locker Part 2:
I always wanted a sequel to The Hurt Locker (not really). If you think about it, thats what this could have been. Renner's character William James comes back from the Iraq War...and joins The Avengers. Even his wife could have passed as a slightly aged version of Evangeline Lilly. When they were getting ready to attack Sokovia, I half expected Renner to put on that bomb suit...

         
           Again this movie was entertaining...but considering how over the top the action was (c'mon they lifted a city into the sky), what can they do next? Expect more random thoughts on this movie...

Random Screen Guy Rating: 69.0908873459

No comments:

Post a Comment