Friday, May 22, 2015

4 Thoughts On: Mad Max...Fury Road

           I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the teaser for this movie, I had doubts. In fact, I wrote a whole post about how awful I thought it was going to be. I was wrong...

Thats literally how I felt watching this movie, but in a good way...
1. The Action/ Stunts/ Pyrotechnics:
This had some of the best action scenes I've witnessed in a long time. We now live in a world where movies basically look like cartoons because of how much CGI get pumped into them. While this movie wasn't free of that at all, I just didn't feel like it over relied upon it for the major chase scenes.

2. Could Have Used More Max:
I certainly sympathized most with Furiosa which is why they should have named this movie...Furiosa: Fury Road. While there wasn't anything wrong with Tom Hardy's performance, he could have used a little more dialogue.

3. The Plot:
I should have hated this plot because they should have called this movie...There and Back Again:
Fury Road, but for some reason it worked. The constant movement and urgency of the movie, made up for the simplicity of the plot.

4. This Felt Like a Sequel: 
This wasn't a bad thing, just a simple observation...While I've seen all the Mel Gibson movies, I went into Fury Road pretending I had no experience with the character. That said, the child hallucinations and Max's minimal dialogue kinda made me feel like I was already supposed to know him. I mean, we barely got to see Max drive in his car...

           Despite the copious amounts of sand in this movie, it was absolutely worth the watch. Mad Max 2 will have a steep hill to climb with regards to outdoing it's action sequences. Considering this movie's approach, I think it'll get the job done.

Random Screen Guy Rating: 89.0999994329239

No comments:

Post a Comment