Tuesday, December 1, 2015

'Fargo' Season 2, Episode 8...Who Saw That Coming?!?...

          (MAJOR SPOILERS) I think I held my breath for the last five minute's of this crazy episode. Here are my thoughts...

1. What's The Most You've Ever Lost On A Coin Toss?: 

I've honestly made a hobby of finding the many Coen Brother nods that appear in this series. The best one this episode was Hanzee's encounter with the gas station owner. It was literally a recreation of Anton Chigurh's famous coin toss scene from No Country For Old Men. Hanzee was Anton, composed and dead eyed... and the gas station guy took his cues from his counterpart in 'No Country.' The end product was a perfect tribute...  

2. Peggy's Torture Scene Was A Torture Scene:

I literally felt a shock in my chest when Peggy 'self actualized' her knife into Dodd' chest. Her folksy demeanor, and the way she so casually stabbed him only made the scene more disturbing. Don't get me wrong, Dodd's a crazy moron, but he's right about how nuts Peggy is. 

3. The Ending, Never Saw It Coming:

1. With Peggy on the floor behind the bed and Ed hanging from the ceiling... I fully accepted that Dodd was going to get away with killing both of them. 
2. Then  Ed and Peggy regained the upper hand... I fully accepted that they would get away with trading Dodd.
3. Then Hanzee showed up... I fully accepted that he would kill Ed and Peggy. 
4. Hanzee then asks for a hair cut and shoots Dodd in the head... I fully accepted that I knew nothing.

This is exactly why I'm loving Fargo. It's never afraid to challenge our expectations. I mean, Hanzee's loyalty to the Gerhardt family has been made pretty clear all season long... but after watching him endure those racists at the bar, it's not hard to see why he'd be fed up with Dodd's crap. Dodd never saw it coming and neither did we... Speaking of which...

4. RIP Dodd, You Were A Crazy Bastard, But I Already Miss Your Awful Accent:

It was pretty bad... easily worse than Kevin Spacy's 'Frank Underwood' and Andrew Lincoln's 'Rick Grimes' (though to be honest they've both gotten better with time, but I digress). His character was truly a force to be reckoned with. I will miss your constant insults and your crappy parenting.The only thing we won't get to see (which would've been interesting) is Dodd's reaction to his daughters death...

           I become more loyal to this show with every episode. Season two is easily blowing away expectations...What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment