Friday, April 10, 2015

Thoughts On: True Detective Season 2 Teaser

           The first preview of HBO's True Detective has finally arrived...and while it is't much, it's enough to get me to June 21st. It's dark, it's moody, there's smoking, and there's fighting...everything you'd expect from True Detective...even the background music pays homage to the first seasons "Far From Any Road." Here are 3 thoughts on the new True Detective teaser...


Colin Farrell Looks Like Crap:
...But I'm liking it. Matthew McConaughey was to romantic comedies what Colin Farrell has been to that same arrogant attitude from The Recruit. It will be nice to see a change from him...and judging from his tired looking, bolo tie wearing, heavy set character, thats what we're gona get.

Vince Vaughn is Back:
It's nice to see him actually acting again. This preview alone was a refreshing take on Vaughn, who hasn't actually acted since Into the
Wild...I can't say I was crazy about casting him for this show, but the set photos and this teaser make me think otherwise...He's supposed to play a criminal on this show, so those shots with him and Farrell must be the equivalent to that scene from Heat where Al Pacino and Robert De Niro sit down and stare at each other...


Rachel McAdams and Taylor Kitsch:
Be honest, despite all the movies that Rachel McAdams has done, you only truly remember her from The Notebook and Wedding Crashers. That said, this is a role I''ll be interested to see her in. Like everyone to be on this series, she looks like tired... Taylor Kitsch didn't stand out that much in the preview. Maybe if after throwing that guy down he had fired a deck of cards at him, then I'd be more impressed...

           I'm liking what I've seen so far... but I'm hoping that the murder/ conspiracy/ corruption/ character choices/ bolo tie/ from this new season boil down to more than just a simple struggle between good and evil...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment