Monday, July 20, 2015

True Detective: 6 Reasons Why Season 2 Hasn't Worked...

           (This was written as of Episode 5) I read an article (http://bit.ly/1Dqm34y) which further reinforced my stance that True Detective season 2 isn't very good. It basically asserts that people are having a hard time understanding the show. I'm barely able to follow it myself, and when I am, I kinda don't care. I mean, I only just realized that Colin ferrall's character is named Velcoro (before I thought they had been talking about velcro or something). If I hadn't looked up Rachel McAdam's character's name (Bezzerides) I never would have figured it out... Here are 5 reasons why this season has come up short...

This is literally how I look after watching each episode...
1. The Plot is Confusing:
I don't get the conspiracy with the mayor or Masuka from Dexter. Something about diamonds and a missing girl...?  

2 What is Vince Vaughn Doing Here?:
His acting is solid, but I don't think his character is really that essential to the show. Every time he comes on screen I know I can run to the bathroom... 

3. Taylor Kitsch is Boring:
His character is the least interesting on the show. I get that his character is conflicted and down on his
luck, but it comes across more like he doesn't want to be on the show at all (I would say that's true of everyone on this show)...

4. Colin Farrell and His Accent:
Even the auto-correct agreed with me on the velcro thing...
I thought cutting off that mustache would relieve us of the accent...I was wrong. It's almost worse than Kevin Spacy's Frank Underwood and Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes combined...and it makes it hard to understand what he's saying half the time...

5. Rachel McAdams:
Her character is middle of the road, like Kitsch, she looks like she can't wait for the season to be over...

6. The Guitar Girl:
Ok this isn't that big of a deal but...you mean to tell me this girl sings at this bar every night? It was cool after the first episode but it's overdone now...

           I don't think I'll be writing about this show again (unless the Yellow King Makes a comeback) because I'd probably just say all these same things again. You still keeping up with this season of True Detective?

No comments:

Post a Comment